Tuesday, November 16, 2010

"Don't go to God for forgiveness of sins, come to me." - LIE EXPOSED!

"Don't go to God for forgiveness of sins, come to me." This act of calumny has been spread all over the internet. It's used to discredit the pope in general and John Paul II specifically. Unfortunately, for the people spreading this lie to further their agendas that the pope is the anti-Christ or that the pope made a heretical statement, it's totally not true.

Apparently, these people had no reason to bother to look up whether the smoking gun that the pope thinks himself God, was true or not. Maybe that didn't matter to these people. Perhaps the point was to just slam the pope because they hate Catholicism.

It didn't take long to expose this quote for what it is an out-and-out lie. It was such a stupid quote, really, that I question how anyone could believe it at face value without looking it up, like I did.

I have a photocopy of the article cited 'No Forgiveness "Directly from God" Pope Says,' Los Angeles Times, December 12, 1984. It was pretty easy to do to. It didn't take a genius, I got it through the inter-library loan system of my local library.

Just think how much other fraudulent information to attack the Catholic Church or the pope must be circulating out there as well.

Update: To date the two people (a couple of nuts, both) I contacted and e-mailed the Los Angeles Times article to did not bother to answer my e-mail or change the lie that they are spreading. I wrote to Robert Howard, howard_truth@yahoo.com whose website is quite crazy The Forbidden Knowledge and Ian Paisley eips_info@yahoo.co.uk whose website the so-called European Institute for Protestant Studies which seems designed to trash the Catholic faith. It's really terrific that these two sites don't let the facts get in their way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home